Easy, delicious roast leg of lamb
A deliciously tender leg of lamb is the perfect family feast this Easter. Use our easy-to-follow recipe to ensure you serve up this unforgettable roasted lamb for your easter Sunday lunch.
Serve with roast potatoes and spring roast root vegetables and enjoy.
Ingredients you will need:
- Leg of lamb.
- Rosemary. (In 2cm sprigs).
- 4 garlic cloves. (Finely sliced).
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Mixed herbs.
- Pre-heat oven. (Electric 220C/Fan 200C/Gas 7).
- Finely slice your garlic cloves and trim your rosemary.
- Place your lamb into a deep roasting tray and create multiple 2cm long and 5cm deep slits across the top.
- Stuff a sprig of rosemary and a garlic slice deep into the slits you made earlier. Be sure to push hard to ensure they aren’t pushed back out during the roasting process.
- Repeat until all the holes in the lamb are filled.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, and mixed herbs.
- Now, smother the leg of lamb with the olive oil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Lower the oven to electric 190C/fan 170C fan/gas 5 and continue to roast for another 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cover a d put to one side and allow it to rest 15 mins before carving.
- Serve with roast potatoes and root vegetables and enjoy and easy to cook, delicious leg of lamb.