Ingredients - You will need...
Fine Sea Salt
Ground Black Pepper
1 x Large Onion, Coarsely Chopped
2 x Tablespoons of Honey
1 x Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1/2 Can or Bottle of Beer
2.2kg BBQ Short Ribs
- Mix sea salt, pepper, and garlic and onion powders, in a small bowl. Adjust seasoning as necessary, then season ribs with the mixture.
- Brown the ribs In a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat,.
- Place a layer of roughly chopped onions at the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, honey and mustard.
- Add ribs a little at a time to the bowl and make sure they are well coated in the sauce.
- Place ribs in the slow cooker on top of the bed of onions.
- Pour beer over the top once the sauced ribs are in the slow cooker, so that the sauce mixture cascades to the onions at the bottom.
- Carefully stir the ribs to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- When done cooking, switch the slow cooker to warm setting.
- Before serving, skim excess fat from the sauce (you may need to remove the ribs to do this).
- When ready to eat, simply serve ribs directly from the slow cooker or transfer to a platter.