Steak Burgundy and Creamy Mash
Skip the crowded restaurants this Valentine’s Day and treat your loved one to a easy to make home cooked meal.
Much more than a beef stew, our Steak Burgundy is made with tender strips of dry aged Sirloin steak, mixed with mushrooms, spring onion and red onions and smothered in a deliciously flavoursome burgundy sauce.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes, and this is guaranteed to win you points this Valentine’s. Perfectly paired with a delicious red wine such as a pinot noir. This is the perfect romantic, cosy night in.
Ingredients you will need:
- Our specially pre-made steak burgundy.
- 8 medium potatoes. (White, British or Maris Piper).
- Start by following the cooking instructions listed on the packaging of your steak burgundy. A batch of this can be purchased in-store or via our online shop.
- While this is cooking, it’s time to get your mashed potatoes ready.
- Peel and cut up your potatoes.
- Bring some water in a large saucepan to the boil.
- Place your potatoes into the water and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and place into the pan or a bowl.
- Add your salt and butter and begin to mash, gently add some milk and mash into the mix. Continue to mash until all the lumps are out and your potatoes are fluffy.
- You can use an electric hand whisk to ensure you iron out all lumps.
- Once ready, add your potatoes and generously pour your steak burgundy over the top and enjoy.