This classic is guaranteed to leave a good impression. American/Italian inspired the crunchy, yet moist chicken alongside the Italian spaghetti flavours is the ultimate pairing.
If you’re looking to impress this easy to cook meal for valentine's day is a no brainer. From a romantic meal for two, to a family feast, chicken parmesan is a delicious showstopper that’ll leave people thinking they’re eating at a restaurant.
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 chicken breasts.
- 2 large eggs.
- 70g flour.
- 2 servings of Spaghetti.
- Homemade or shop bough marinara sauce.
- 25g of grated parmesan cheese.
- 100g of mozzarella.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Start by coating your chicken in breadcrumbs. To do this, separate your flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs into separate containers or bowls.
- Once prepared, coating your chicken in flour, then dipping into the egg, then covering in the breadcrumbs. Place on a non-stick oven tray.
- Repeat until all chicken is done. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and place a coat your chicken in a reasonable layer of marinara/pasta sauce and cover in your grated mozzarella.
- Place back in the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes. Ensure chicken is cooked through (all white with no pink).
- While your chicken is cooking, bring some water to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add a drop of olive or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt.
- Once boiling, add your spaghetti. Cook for 10 minuets or until soft.
- Once done, drain and place into a wok or pot. Slowly mix in your homemade or shop bought marinara pasta sauce and heat through stirring in your grated parmesan.
- Serve by placing your chicken onto a bed of spaghetti.