Quick Turkey Calzone
Why not try something a little different? With Italian seasonings and flavours, your leftover turkey is guaranteed to be enjoyed in our take on a turkey calzone. If you love pizza, this is the recipe for you.
Ingredients you will need:
- Pizza dough (pre-made or shop bought).
- Tomato puree/pizza sauce.
- Leftover turkey.
- Leftover stuffing.
- 1 egg (to egg wash.)
- If you can prepare your pizza dough in advance, or simply use a shop bought pre-made dough.
- Roll your dough into a large circle. (As though you are planning to make a regular pizza).
- Spread your pizza sauce across the base, you can have a go at making your own, or for a quicker alternative, use a pre-made sauce.
- Now add your leftover turkey, and any other toppings you fancy. We recommend using turkey and stuffing.
- Egg wash the calzone before cooking.
- Cook in the oven, fan 200, gas 6, for 20 minutes, ensuring the food is hot all the way through, serve and enjoy.
A different alternative, but the Italian herbs compliment the stuffing and help to bring flavour to the turkey. Quick, easy, and convenient, something everyone will enjoy.