Simple Turkey Soup
Turning your leftover turkey soup is simple, but delicious. This easy recipe helps you make use of your leftovers and keep out the winter chill.
Ingredients you will need:
- Leftover turkey
- Turkey broth
- Turkey gravy
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Parsnips
- 1 half Onion
- 1 leek
- Salt and pepper.
- Start by chopping and slicing any leftover, fresh vegetables you’ve yet to cook.
- This will become the base of your soup. Examples of some great veg to use is carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onions, leek and even sweetcorn.
- Now season your base with garlic and thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add these together in your casserole dish or slow cooker with your leftover turkey and broth, you can add turkey or chicken gravy for extra flavour.
- Cook on a low heat for 4 hours, serve and enjoy.
Why choose James of Shepperton?
Here at James of Shepperton we offer a wide variety of high-quality products directly from the British farmer.
From our traditional turkey, or gammon joints, to all the trimmings with our delicious pigs in blankets and flavoursome sage and onion stuffing. We have everything you need to make the best Christmas dinner. Shop our range of Christmas meats and more, online and in-store today.